Thursday, January 29, 2009

How Do I Dislike Google? Let Me Count The Ways......

So, I decided to start a blog. Two actually. I'm a homeschooling mom putting herself through nursing school, so I thought I'd write about both, each on their own page. Share a little useful information, some common experiences, etc. Great. All is good.

Since each blog was on a specific topic and, let's face it, a homeschooling mom putting herself through school can use every nickel she can earn, I decided to add Google's AdSense program. No biggie - each blog has a certain audience, so the ads should be things they might really be interested in - nursing school info on the nursing blog, homeschool resource links on the homeschool blog.

But hey, did you know that Google can, with absolutely no explanation, yank all of your ads AND keep all of the money you've earned so far? Whoo, talk about fun....... They claim privacy issues and refuse to provide even a hint of what the problem is/was, yet expect bloggers to be able to defend themselves somehow? If you don't tell me what you think the problem is, I can't possibly make any sort of explanation!

[Yes, I looked through the Help pages they referred me to and still don't know what the problem was. I didn't click on my own pages, I didn't pay for clicks, I didn't imply that clicks would get anyone entered in a drawing, etc.....]

So, I thought I had part of the heat bill paid this month. With all of the ice and snow, that was a good thing. Now, it's all gone. Up in a puff of smoke.

Thanks Google. Maybe someday Larry and Sergei will find out what it feels like to be treated this way. It won't come from me, but I hope someone's there to help pay their heat bills when it happens......

-

No comments:

Post a Comment